Best Wheatgrass Juicers – Guide & Reviews
A wheatgrass juicer will make sure you get your fair share of the nutrients that are in wheatgrass. Begin your health-fortification journey by scouring the market for the best wheatgrass juicer.
Using a juicer that can juice wheatgrass will not only make you enjoy juicing but also make sure you get the last drop of wheatgrass extract every time and make perfect wheatgrass juice.
You have a lot of options – electric, manual, centrifugal, horizontal, and vertical auger juicers – so you might have a hard time choosing. We review here five wheatgrass juicers out there and from the way we assessed them, you can also learn how to easily choose the wheatgrass juicer for leafy greens for your family.
How to Choose The Best Wheatgrass Juicer
Features to look for:
When choosing, look for the following:
- How you operate it – You choose either an electric or a manual juicer. Electric wheatgrass juicers are more expensive.
- Easy to store – You will save space if you choose a compact unit. Manual juicers are more compact than their electric counterparts, so there is no need to have a lot of space for them in your kitchen.
- Material – You are going to shell out a lot of money for this, so you should check if the unit will last a long time. For a juicer to last longer, it should have more metal parts and a few small parts. Stainless steel makes for easier cleaning too.
Other options would be those that have augers that are made of plastic.
- Ease of use – You want your juicer to be enjoyable to use. That means you can easily set the juicer up, make it perform its job efficiently, and separate its parts for cleaning and storing purposes.
Remember that a juicer that is easy to use can encourage you to use it more often, and the more you use something, the more value you get for your money.
- Quiet operation – Some juicers are very noisy when being operated. Consider getting a unit with a motor that has a low speed. Manual juicers are operated by hand.
- Flexible use – Can the juicer be used on herbs and vegetables? Will it perform well with fibrous items? Will it juice fruit and make green juice?
- Yield – How powerful is it in extracting juice? You also want your machine to extract all the juice within a short period of time.
- Motor – In addition to quiet operations, check if the motor is heavy duty and is cooled by air.
- Safety – You may want a wheatgrass juicer that has an interlocking system for its head assembly. With this system in your unit, you can be more assured of safety compared to a unit that has a loose cover.
- Portability – For some people, portability is the highest priority. If this is your priority too, the best approach is to look into units that are lightweight. Some of the good units for that are those that weigh less than 7 lbs.
- Warranty – Even cheap units come with warranty offers. More expensive units can have warranties that are up to 10 years. So check that out if you are trying to make a good investment out of this purchase.
We like the claim from the makers of this product that they planned to make it in response to clamors that manufacturers come up with a good quality juicer that does not require buyers to spend a lot of money to get one. Our top picks are highly-rated ones in the Amazon store. We start out with the Lexen GP 27, a juicer that is flexible and is a manual juicer.
Designed for ease of use and easy cleaning, the GP 27 boasts a feature that allows it to use a masticating live-enzyme cold-press process. Its black and white colors and design make it suitable to be left on display when not in use, but you may opt to store it under a shelf since it also has a compact design.
You should take note of this juicer’s flexibility as, with this machine, you can juice all of your other leafy greens also. Plus it is really great at extracting juice as we hardly notice any leftover grass every time we are done juicing. What are the cons? There is nothing much wrong with this product, though some users don’t like the idea that it does not come with a container or box to be used for storing.
This unit uses no screen, so you will not be required to spend time cleaning one. The whole product can be cleaned in less than a minute. This unit comes with a table clamp and a secure-locking suction base. These things ensure the stability of the unit whenever it is left to stand or clamped on a table or a countertop. The company also gives priority to producing clean, healthy materials. The auger is BPA-free and has a stainless steel end-cap and tip. The auger is not effectively performing if you will only put leafy greens into it. The trick is to add veggies or fruits to provide more bulk.
What we like about the Lexen GP27:
- Cleaning time is short and there are not many parts to clean.
- For the low price, it is also good that it can juice different items.
What we don’t like:
- It does not come with a container for storage.
- It is quite poorly constructed, so be prepared for leaks and have a towel ready for them.
- It is designed for left-handed people. You might have issues with that.
For homemakers who think steel construction is a priority, then we have the Handy Pantry HJ Hurricane. This juicer is good for travel and because it is made of stainless steel, you will not have to worry about toxicity or the possibility of rusting.
When it comes to size, this model is larger than the unit above. The difference is about 200 cubic inches when we computed for the volume.
The size difference and the material make up for the difference in price. This unit comes with a price that is more than twice that of the juicer above.
But with a higher price to pay, you are guaranteed a durable product and the assurance that you can get your money back just in case you find something wrong with it. The company offers a five-year warranty and a 30-day full money-back guarantee for it.
Plus with this one, you have the advantages of ease of operation, ease of cleaning, and ease of assembly. It is also a dishwasher-safe unit.
But just like with all units, they come with major and minor drawbacks, and for this unit, watch out for the handle. Reports have it that it easily falls off and that the auger of this machine is also sloppy in terms of extracting juice.
The fact that the manufacturer included the amount this juicer can produce per minute in its product description is a consumer-friendly approach to attracting buyers. It says that this juicer can produce an ounce of yield per minute.
Now the unit also stands out in terms of metal construction. That metal construction does not compromise portability and weight.
With stainless steel parts, the Handy Pantry still comes with only a weight of 6.8 lbs. The material is also the assurance that you will not have to deal with rusting in the years that you will use it.
It is also one of the easiest to clean. There are only four parts to clean including the handle, so it requires less effort compared to the other models in this list.
What we like about the Handy Pantry HJ Hurricane:
- Heavy-duty construction, which means a good long-term investment
- Easy assembly and cleaning
- It is easy to mount to a countertop. It matches countertops up to 2 ¼ inches thick
- It comes with good warranty terms
What we don’t like:
- The handle of this unit easily falls off.
- Sloppy fit for the auger
- You will have to use its plastic stomper to push your veggies down for them to reach the auger.
Another versatile unit that also comes with an easy-to-the-pocket price tag is the Tribest Z-Star Z-510 Manual Juicer. Now, this is another good juicer for travelers.
Why it is good for people who love camping, hiking, and day-tripping is because of its lightweight and its portable construction. The unit is only 6.5 lbs and many reviewers think of that as one of this product’s highlights.
This juicer also gets praise for its efficient and gentle process of extraction, but the same feature is not good if you don’t like a slow-extracting machine. Nonetheless, this feature allows it to extract high-quality juice.
This is the juicer we recommend for people whose primary consideration is the budget, although we advise buyers not to place too much emphasis on the price. Better to have something that you can trust rather than one that can give you a lot of headaches afterward.
For this unit, portability is the greatest benefit. So you can juice on the go or at home affordably.
Despite the low price, this is one of the versatile units that are also offered with a warranty. With a one-year warranty backing it up, you can be sure you have a working unit you can use for a long time.
The best part is it’s gentle. It can assure you of high-quality yields.
What we like about the Tribest Z-Star Z-510 Manual Juicer:
- Versatility despite the low price. Apart from wheatgrass, you can also use it to juice veggies and fruits.
- Easy to clean. This is a result of the lightweight of this unit
- It is highly portable
What we don’t like:
- It might not be so durable. Some users reported breaking of parts after only a short time
- This unit is going to push you to work hard just to juice. It works too gently
- Time-consuming. It doesn’t work well with huge amounts of feeding. Feed it only smaller pieces if you want to get good yields.
We are down to the fourth, and we are giving this slot to the Champion Juicer G5-PG710, an electrically-operated commercial wheatgrass juicer. That is because it comes with a heavy-duty General Electric motor.
A unit like this is something that you might consider for business not personal purposes.
For commercial purposes, consider that it has a large diameter feed tube that can accommodate huge amounts of wheatgrass, veggie loaves, baby foods, sherbets, or frozen sorbets.
Consider also that it runs using a 540-watt motor which can operate the machine at 1725 revolutions per minute.
Durability is not going to be an issue because this unit is made with strong materials. Think of its nylon construction and its stainless steel shaft.
Then you also have favorable warranty terms. Three years of warranty goes for the motor, one year for the blade and the screens, and 5 years for all the juicing parts.
But we have got bad news for wheatgrass lovers. This unit is designed not primarily for juicing wheat grass.
Nevertheless, the company has an attachment for wheatgrass juicing and you will have to spend an additional $75 for that. Champion juicers are made in California, so you can be sure of a long-lasting unit that can give you high value despite the extra expense for wheatgrass juicing.
The champion is a good unit to consider especially if you need to put in a lot of items per extracting session.
Despite the high cost, this is a way of protecting your investment as well. Considering that the warranty terms are favorable, you could think of it as a good option for ensuring that you get a high-quality product that can last a long, long time.
With that, you can start thinking of different purposes for using it in the many years to come, especially if you are considering a unit that you can pass on to your children and even your grandchildren.
The unit works fast, but in order for it to really start masticating, it is required that you put in a lot of items first. That is what many reviews are complaining about.
Plus the unit is heavy; you are going to carry a 23-lb machine each time you use it. And there is no handle to help you lift it.
What we like about the Champion Juicer G5-PG710:
- That very powerful motor makes juicing super fast
- The feed tube is large making it so easy to put in huge amounts of veggies and wheatgrass and other items without dropping anything on the table
- Durable parts and strong materials
What we don’t like:
- It is too heavy
- The company should have considered constructing a handle for it. They have been so careless on that
- The unit produces too much foam and the yield is too wet and sticks to the tube.
Then lastly, we have Aicok, which is another juicer that is not expensive. The unit brags about its lower operation speed, and the company cites that the advantage for that is that the machine produces less oxidation. Less oxidation means that the machine is also not prone to too much foaming and heat build-up.
That also means that you will not have to deal with clogging issues. We haven’t talked about noise levels so far, but this unit produces only 60 decibels of sound. Another advantage would be the unit’s auto pulp-ejection feature. That allows continuous operation for this unit, which is especially useful if you need to produce a higher yield each time and if you also want to get the more dry pulp. Consider using it for juicing ginger root.
Questions about such capability have been raised and those who have tried it on ginger said it works great for this item and not only for this item but also for kale. Now for the bad points. The worst that this machine has is its use of too much plastic for its parts. The construction that made the gear inserted into a plastic part is a result of poor engineering.
We like the Aicok juicer because it gives consumers an option not to produce a lot of foam during juicing. Yes, there are those who aim for less oxidation, and this is the unit for them. We also think it might be a good juicer if you want a quiet juicer. It is one of the healthier options because of the low speed when operating. The low speed translates to a low risk of heat buildup and a low possibility of clogging. According to one review, issues raised for this are poor construction and materials, which can be a serious fault that can lead to toxicity.
What we like about the Aicok:
- We like that the unit can be used for long and continuous jobs. That auto pulp ejection is surely a big advantage for this product
- We also like that it is low in oxidation
- Being silent is also an advantage for unit
What we don’t like:
- Too much use of plastic for this unit makes it unreliable in terms of longevity and breakage.
- The spout of this unit is also badly constructed. Some reports say that using this part for pouring makes a mess each time
- The speed is too slow for someone who will try to get huge yields without spending a lot of time juicing.
For us, the clear winner of this roundup for the best wheatgrass juicer is the Handy Pantry model, and we are giving its highest score for its metal construction. With this unit, you can be sure of a wise investment.
It is not an expensive juicer and will last a long time, and except for the quite loose parts, you will not have a hard time maintaining this machine.
It comes with a nice warranty deal, portability is not an issue, and it is easy to clean and dishwasher safe. You can comfortably use this with your RV and travels, and yes, the unit is pretty easy to store when not in use.
Now for environmental advocates and those afraid of toxins coming from their units. The Handy Pantry is a good alternative, and that is because of its metal construction. There are no plastic parts, so you and your family are completely safe using it.