Best Wheatgrass Juicers – Guide & Reviews
A wheatgrass juicer will make sure you get your fair share of the nutrients that are in wheatgrass. Begin your health-fortification journey by scouring the market for the best wheatgrass juicer.
Using a juicer that can juice wheatgrass will not only make you enjoy juicing but also make sure you get the last drop of wheatgrass extract every time and make perfect wheatgrass juice.
You have a lot of options – electric, manual, centrifugal, horizontal, and vertical auger juicers – so you might have a hard time choosing. We review here five wheatgrass juicers out there and from the way we assessed them, you can also learn how to easily choose the wheatgrass juicer for leafy greens for your family.
How to Choose The Best Wheatgrass Juicer
Features to look for:
When choosing, look for the following:
- How you operate it – You choose either an electric or a manual juicer. Electric wheatgrass juicers are more expensive.
- Easy to store – You will save space if you choose a compact unit. Manual juicers are more compact than their electric counterparts, so there is no need to have a lot of space for them in your kitchen.
- Material – You are going to shell out a lot of money for this, so you should check if the unit will last a long time. For a juicer to last longer, it should have more metal parts and a few small parts. Stainless steel makes for easier cleaning too.
Other options would be those that have augers that are made of plastic.
- Ease of use – You want your juicer to be enjoyable to use. That means you can easily set the juicer up, make it perform its job efficiently, and separate its parts for cleaning and storing purposes.
Remember that a juicer that is easy to use can encourage you to use it more often, and the more you use something, the more value you get for your money.
- Quiet operation – Some juicers are very noisy when being operated. Consider getting a unit with a motor that has a low speed. Manual juicers are operated by hand.
- Flexible use – Can the juicer be used on herbs and vegetables? Will it perform well with fibrous items? Will it juice fruit and make green juice?
- Yield – How powerful is it in extracting juice? You also want your machine to extract all the juice within a short period of time.
- Motor – In addition to quiet operations, check if the motor is heavy duty and is cooled by air.
- Safety – You may want a wheatgrass juicer that has an interlocking system for its head assembly. With this system in your unit, you can be more assured of safety compared to a unit that has a loose cover.
- Portability – For some people, portability is the highest priority. If this is your priority too, the best approach is to look into units that are lightweight. Some of the good units for that are those that weigh less than 7 lbs.
- Warranty – Even cheap units come with warranty offers. More expensive units can have warranties that are up to 10 years. So check that out if you are trying to make a good investment out of this purchase.
For us, the clear winner of this roundup for the best wheatgrass juicer is the Handy Pantry model, and we are giving its highest score for its metal construction. With this unit, you can be sure of a wise investment.
It is not an expensive juicer and will last a long time, and except for the quite loose parts, you will not have a hard time maintaining this machine.
It comes with a nice warranty deal, portability is not an issue, and it is easy to clean and dishwasher safe. You can comfortably use this with your RV and travels, and yes, the unit is pretty easy to store when not in use.
Now for environmental advocates and those afraid of toxins coming from their units. The Handy Pantry is a good alternative, and that is because of its metal construction. There are no plastic parts, so you and your family are completely safe using it.